Here’s a fun and easy recipe to keep the kids busy on Thanksgiving
This recipe is a great way to make your Thanksgiving holiday more fun (and less boring) for the kiddos. All of the ingredients are available at your local grocery store and the recipe requires zero baking or cutting so even the littlest kids can do it.
What You Will Need To Make Candy Cornucopia Treats
- Waffle/Sugar Cones (as many as you think you’ll need – and any size you like – the bigger cones hold more treats 😉 )
- Filling Options (there are so many!)
- Candy Corn and/or Pumpkins
- Nuts (be aware guest allergies!)
- Cracker Jack / Caramel Corn
- Chex Mix
- Rolos (unwrapped)
- Trail Mix
- Yogurt Covered Raisins
- Dried Fruit Bits
If you want your cornucopias to be extra realistic or fancy, try these optional ideas:
- Steam the pointed end of your cones using your kettle spout steam once your water is boiling – then curl around a straw till cool (adults only please – steam can burn!)
- Dip your cone’s open end in either melted chocolate chips (or frosting of your choice) and allow to set before filling with treats. You can also coat the chocolate while soft with jimmies or coconut flakes – so pretty!
We Hope You Have Fun & Happy Thanksgiving!