Most of us are home with our immediate family or housemates for Thanksgiving this year…
… but while enjoying a safe holiday is the way to go this year, it will most likely feel a little quiet… and if the kids get bored, here’s a treat recipe so easy that even the littlest kids can do it. So let them join in… it’ll make your holiday more fun and special! All of the ingredients are available at your local grocery store and since there’s no baking involved… so it’s super easy for you too!
All you need are donut holes (plain or glazed), pre-made (canned) chocolate frosting or chocolate chips (melted, toppings (such as sprinkles or nuts – for more ideas see below) and pretzel sticks!
How To Make Acorn Donut Holes
- There are so many ways to decorate Acorn Donut Holes! How you top these depends on your preferences.
- Place your chocolate frosting in a small bowl.
- Dip the top of the donut hole in the chocolate frosting until sufficiently coated.
- Immediately coat the frosted top of your donut hole with the topping of your choice (but they are delicious with just the chocolate!). Some fun topping choices are chopped nuts, chocolate jimmies, fall inspired sprinkles, toffee bits or crushed pretzels.
- Break a pretzel stick in half and press it into the frosted top of your “acorn.”
- Set on a tray lined with parchment (or wax) paper for the frosting or melted chocolate chips topping to set before serving.