Winter break means that kids are home from school. With all their energy, kids can easily get bored, which may drive you up the walls! Keep your kids occupied this winter break with these fun activities!
- Create a scavenger hunt outside, utilizing your yard or even the neighborhood, if it is safe.
- Create your very own boot camp to help them work off some energy while still having fun.
- Make an obstacle course throughout the house and outside to see who can complete it the fastest!
- Have a holiday movie marathon. Staying in can also be fun! Introduce your kids to the classics you grew up with, and watch some newer ones too!
- Board games can be a great way to let them indulge their competitive side. Put your whole family to the test with an ultimate board game challenge and see who comes out the winner!
- Make holiday decorations like ornaments or paper snowflakes for the tree, and create winter murals for the wall. Tap into their inner Picasso with holiday craft projects like these!
- Build a fort! Gather up chairs, pillows, blankets, and all sorts of other items to create a fantastic fort to play or hide in.
- Have a bonfire. Roast some hotdogs for dinner and some marshmallows for a fantastic s’mores dessert, this will allow you to get dinner done while still playing with your kids!
- Clean out the toy box. Have your kids go through all of their toys and pick a few items to donate. This will teach them about helping others who are less fortunate and it will clear out some room for new toys.
- Gingerbread houses can be a great way to spend some time together, while still creating a delicious treat! Maybe hold a gingerbread-decorating contest to add even more fun to this activity.
Contact D&D by calling 800-453-4195 or by clicking here.