With Halloween just around the corner, it’s time to make sure you have the perfect costume and the best jack o’ lantern. It’s also important that you make sure to stay safe! Keep these Halloween safety tips in mind to ensure everyone has a fun and safe holiday.
- When looking for the right costume for your child, make sure to invest in one that fits properly to prevent tripping and falling while trick or treating. Also, make sure that your child has comfortable shoes to wear since you’ll be walking long distances.
- Avoid masks, since they can obstruct a child’s vision. Instead, use face paint to complete the look of the costume. Make sure to check the paint on a small patch of the skin before applying to be aware of any allergies your child may have.
- Fasten reflective tape or stickers to your child’s costume so that passing drivers easily see them. Also, have them carry a flashlight or glow stick to help stand out and allow them to see in the dark.
- Don’t allow children under the age of 12 to go trick or treating by themselves. Make sure your child has the proper adult supervision.
- If you have older children who are trick or treating with friends, make sure they stay in neighborhoods they are familiar with.
- Before you allow your children to enjoy their candy, make sure to inspect it. Throw away any candy that has been opened or looks like it has been tampered with.
- If you’re driving on Halloween, make sure to use extreme caution and always stay alert. Children are very excited and can dart out into the street without warning.
D&D Security would like to wish you a fun and safe Halloween! We would also like to encourage you to share these safety tips with your kids to ensure that they stay safe this holiday.