Everybody likes to have the newest electronics, including thieves. Laptops and tablets are some of the most stolen items since they have a high value and can be taken easily. Keep these tips in mind to ensure the electronics at your school or workplace are not stolen.
- Make sure you never leave electronics unattended in a conference room. The only way to ensure that they stay safe if you leave them unattended is to make sure that they are properly secured to the desk.
- Always lock up the electronics when they are not in use. This can be done using a locker or a cable that is connected to a secure area.
- Mark all of your equipment with distinct markings to ensure that you are able to recognize your equipment if it is recovered.
- Make sure that all your computers and tablets are password protected to make it more difficult for a thief to get into the equipment.
- Back up all of your information on a cloud based system or a portable backup device, such as a USB. If you use a portable device, make sure that it is stored in a safe place away from the computer or tablet.
- Make sure all of your tablets and equipment have serialized ID tags to help recognize your equipment if it is ever stolen.
For all of your security needs when it comes to protecting your computers and tablets, contact D&D. We have many different security options available to fit your specific security needs. To help protect your iPads, we have every option from our new MDL Desktop Locker, to Mobile Device Security Carts to ensure that your iPads stay put. We also have many different options to protect all of your computers such as Cable Locks, Maximum Security Enclosures and serialized tags.